Master of Science in Entrepreneurship in Applied Technologies
Traditional In-class Program
This program is teaching me how to create and grow new ventures. It is providing me with the business acumen and contacts to take an idea and launch it into a fully functioning business.
Eve Spengler, current student
The Master of Science in Entrepreneurship in Applied Technologies integrates the principles for successful opportunity recognition, technology and market assessment, product commercialization, new venture formation, and new venture financing into a single interdisciplinary curriculum.
The degree may be pursued alongside (dual-degree) the MBA or the biomedical engineering, biotechnology, global sustainability and other degree programs. A maximum of two graduate degrees may be pursued concurrently.
MS in Entrepreneurship Program Change as of Fall 2013
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from regionally accredited institution
- "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) average in all upper division work.
- A graduate level test might be required on an individual basis. GMAT (score of 500 or higher) GRE, LCAT or MCAT may be substituted with an appropriate score.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Interest (250 words on why you are interested in Entrepreneurship)
Fall Application Deadlines
- Domestic - July 1
- International (In the US who do not need an initial I-20) - July 1
- International (Outside the US) - Feb 1
Spring Application Deadlines
- Domestic - November 1
- International (In the US who do not need an initial I-20) - October 1
- International (Outside the US) - July 1
In addition to the application forms, please submit:
- Official transcripts *
- A résumé **
- A 250-word letter of interest, that includes the student's objective for pursuing this course of study. **
* Send transcripts to: University of South Florida, Graduate Admissionsl
4202 E. Fowler Ave. ALN226
Tampa, FL 33620-5816
International transcripts will require a foreign transcript evaluation
** Résumé and letter of interest should be emailed to email@example.com
Most students complete the program in one to two years. The program can be completed within a concentrated 12-month period, with appropriate advising.
All courses are offered on the Tampa campus. Some courses may have an online section.
Standardized Tests for International Students
International students for whom English is not a native language must submit a TOEFL score. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test, or 79 on the web-based test, is required. A graduate-level admissions test may also be required.